Have you ever caught yourself telling someone they make you mad, they annoy you, or they make you sad?
If you ever said any of the above, it’s time for a reality check. No one can make you feel anything. No one has the remote control to your emotions with the ability to press a button and change your state.
Let’s look at what’s really going on when you are having an emotional experience. Every emotional experience has two components that occur at the same time, a physiology and a thinking. Who controls these two components? You are the only one who can control what you think and how you are going to look at a situation. It’s up to you to look for solutions or problems. You control the two primary influences on your emotional state at any given time. No one controls them for you which means no one can make you feel anything.
In this video James Hayes, Director of Coaching and Public Trainings here at The Coaching Room, will take you through:
- Understanding your emotions as they relate to relationships
- Identifying what’s really going on when you have an emotional experience
- Noticing your physiology when you are in a state that isn’t working for you
- Realising that when someone is making you feel something you have given them that power
- Controlling the physiology and emotions that you bring to a situation
|No one can drive you crazy unless you give them the keys|
Next Steps: Check out the download below to access a load more hints and tips that will accelerate your personal development.